Serve 4 to 6
Ingredients - Potato Kibbeh:
- 1 ½ c fine cracked wheat
- 1 small onion, finely graded
- 2 t salt
- 2 ½ c cooked potatoes or 4 med. cooked ones
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1c chopped walnuts
- 1 T dibas roman
- ¾ c olive oil
- Wash and cook potatoes. Peel and mash, and mix with salt, pepper, and finely graded onion to make mashed potatoes. Then, add washed cracked wheat and blend in food processor to make a smooth mixture.
- Meanwhile in frying pan, fry the 2 chopped onions until limp, and, then, add the chopped walnuts and debas roman.
- Grease baking tray with olive oil. Divide mash potato mixture into two portions; flatten half of the potatoes in the tray. Cover it with walnut mixture, and, then, flatten the other half of the mashed potatoes on top. Score in diamond shape design through the kibba. Cover kibba with about 3 T olive oil.
- Bake in 400 degrees oven until brown. When cool, cut in diamond or triangle shape pieces to serve.
- In greased baking tray, first add walnut mixture and, then, a full layer of all the mashed mixture. Cover wtih 3 T olive oil, and bake until golden brown. When cool invert the tray and serve at room temperature. Walnut mixture will be on top.