Something delicious, you must try this dish sooner or later, and see if you agree.
Cooking Time 35 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 cups long-grain rice, rinsed
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 1/4 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 lemon, juiced
- steamed green beans, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Combine jam, seasoning, garlic and oil in a bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Season with salt.
- Place rice in a 5cm-deep, 22cm x 26cm (base) baking dish. Top with onion, tomato and peas. Pour over stock and 1/4 cup of lemon juice. Top with chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice tender. Serve with steamed beans.
Super Food Ideas - August 2007, Page 32
Recipe by Michelle Lucia