1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
4 scallion, washed and cut in 1/2
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar or Mexican brown sugar
2 lbs inside skirt steak, cut into 3 equal pieces
- Heat charcoal, preferably natural chunk, until gray ash appears.
- In a blender, put in oil, soy sauce, scallions, garlic, lime juice, red pepper, cumin, and sugar and puree.
- In a large heavy duty, zip top bag, put pieces of skirt steak and pour in marinade.
- Seal bag, removing as much air as possible.Allow steak to marinate for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Remove steak from bag and pat dry with paper towels.Using a blow dryer, blow charcoal clean of ash.
- Once clean of ash lay steaks directly onto hot coals for 1 minute per side.
- When finished cooking, place meat in double thickness of aluminum foil, wrap, and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove meat from foil, reserving foil and juices.Slice thinly across the grain of the meat.
- Return to foil pouch and toss with juice. Serve with grilled peppers and onions, if desired.