- 1½ cups butter or 300 g, melted
- 1 cup sugar or 200 g
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups plain flour or 175 g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons dried ginger powder
- For the topping:
- 1 tin NESTLÉ® Sweetened Condensed Milk or 397 g
- ¼ cup butter or 50 g
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts or 37 g, chopped
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs, flour baking powder and ginger in a large bowl. Mix well to a smooth paste.
- Pour the mixture into a 28cm x 20cm buttered and floured baking tin. Bake in a 175°C preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Place NESTLÉ® Sweetened Condensed Milk , butter and cardamom in a nonstick saucepan. Cook with stirring over low heat for 6-8 minutes or until the caramel is pale golden and thick.
- Spread caramel over baked cake, smooth surface with spatula then sprinkle with pistachio on top.
- Allow cooling in fridge for 5 hours. Cut into slices and serve.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them
an email or save this to your favorite social network.